Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Craziness! Or random musings.

  • Today marks the beginning of the "school year" for me with H & R Block. This week, I start taking and teaching classes. I have at least one class every week from now until the end of October, sometimes more. Some weeks I teach one and take one, some weeks I take two and some weeks I teach two. It definitely keeps me on my toes and helps out in the long run!
  • We have to take our pirate kitty to the vet today. She has been vomiting a lot lately and I have a feeling this is the end. She most likely has an obstruction, which would require surgery and recuperation and cash, which is short, especially since we just took care of her eye. I hope that this is not the case, but I am preparing for the worst.
  • My laptop took a dump last week so I have just now gotten my new one up and running the way that I like it. That was fun!
  • DH and I went to see Mamma Mia! last weekend. What a hoot. Pierce Brosnan cannot sing and the entire theater groaned when he did. It was a funny movie and I told DH that we are buying it when it comes out on DVD. That will be a great addition to the collection.
  • My 20th Class Reunion is coming up on the 16th - go Lancers! I'm apprehensive but am going with a great group of friends (past and present) so I should have fun. If all else fails, there are always libations. ;)
  • Tea's birthday is coming up, so look for a party post for her, too.
  • Tea is also starting Kindergarten in September, I get teary eyed just thinking about it.
  • We had their pics taken today so I will update photos sometime this week (don't hold your breath).
  • Stampin' Up!'s new catalog comes out next week - I cannot wait to see all the new stuff and get to play. Let me know if you want to get your hands on one, I still have some that aren't spoken for.
Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Minya said...

You'll have fun dammit. Because I said so!

Stidmama said...

Go girl, go!

What a busy life you lead... and so many interesting things going on at once. :-)

I remember when my elder child went off to kindergarten. It was traumatic! If you can, try to volunteer with the class once a week or every other week. Even for half an hour. It helps you see what the other kids are doing, and gives you a better sense of how your own child is adjusting and functioning. I wasn't able to do that, and I regret it still, ten years later.