Monday, November 5, 2007

Carmelite Monastery Open House


Well, here I am, in the Christmas Card room at the annual Carmelite Monastery Open House. The Sisters' main source of income is from the cards that they print throughout the year.

The Open House, which is always held on the first Sunday in November, is their main sales effort where they open their beautiful home, chapel and print shop to the public.

I first met the Sisters in 2000 when I was working for the General Contractor that was building their addition. They had grown and needed a larger chapel, more rooms and some other areas. They were wonderful to work with and I came to look on them as friends.

They have been a large part of my life since then and both Tea and Crackers were baptized in their chapel by the wonderful Father Joe. I occasionally attend Mass with them and have turned to them for support many times throughout the years.

My mom and I have been volunteering for about 4 years now and we have always been in the Christmas card room. We both absolutely love it. It is a fun time where we get to see old friends, make new ones and give back some of the support that we have received throughout the years.

If you are interested, you can always purchase cards through their website. Most of their cards are based on original artwork from the Sisters. They have a wonderful selection of All Occasion cards, Christmas cards, Birthday cards and just blank inside cards.

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

*I wanted to add a scan of the business card for the Sisters if anyone is interested.*



1 comment:

Stidmama said...

Congratulations on getting your own blog!!!!

Now we can blog back and forth...

LOL and I love the subjects you have chosen so far. There was a discalced Carmelite convent next to the parochial school I attended briefly as a child... Only ever saw the lay sister at the gate, though. They were VERY cloistered!

Welcome to the Blogosphere!